My lovely followers

Thursday 7 January 2016

It's a spotty dotty day at MAWTT


Good morning all

Hands up who's seen the sun this year - not me lol.  This has to be the wettest most miserable, grey start to any year ever!! - and it's getting colder too.

We had a lovely start to the year with a New Years Day wedding- the daughter of our very best friends.  But even that was  a grey and miserable day, I got hardly any photographs and not a single decent one of me (nothing new there!!) - it was just so dark that my black dress looked like a v neck jumper and my flouncy facinator/hat was like a shadow on my head!! - Still it was a lovely day and a very happy way to start off the year 

It's also time to kick off the new year at

Moving Along with the Times

and our first challenge of the year is an easy one

Spots and Dots

My card is one that I made at Christmas 
- in my last minute rush to finish my Christmas cards
it's a large 8 x8 inch card 


Here's what I did...

Image - A LOTV James Bear from an old set of toppers I still had
Papers Dovecraft Christmas papers
Snowflake die - Whimsy stamps
Snowflake border - memory box
Sentiment - from Nordic Christmas stamp from Crafters Companion
Jewelled embellie - creative expressions
Black card and Ribbon from my stash

We'd love you to play along with us this week at MAWTT - hope to see you there

Challenges I'm entering with this card

ABC christmas challenge -anything christmas (28/1)
Chocolate baroque - colour challenge (29/1)
Whimsy inspiration -winter (11/1)


Hugs
Judith x


21 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Horrid weather isn't it. Glad we are off to sunny Florida soon. Gorgeous cute card, great colours

Wendy L said...

Gorgeous card Judith, great detail, xxx

Sarah said...

Me!! Me!! Me!! We had a sunny day yesterday...alas today is grey and gloomy again!! Love your card, I must try to play along as I love dots xx

Craft buddy said...

I think this is a great use of dots and snowflakes, it's cheerful and sophisticated at the same time. I love that little sentiment as well, that's awesome. x Jessie

Tammy said...

Aww this is adorable Judith! I love that sweet little bear and your gorgeous papers! Wishing you a wonderful and crafty New Year!
Hugs, Tammy

KraftyKoolKat said...

So cute and pretty Judith.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Jenny L said...

Hi Judith,
what a super card, and very lovely design too.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

coldwaters2 said...

Oh I love this so much Judith those lush papers and colours as well as the wonderful image and card design
hugs
lorraine x

cotnob said...

A super card Judith, such a cute image and lovely colour combination.
Pauline
x

Sue said...

Judith, this is a lovely card. The image is beautiful and I really like the colours and papers you have used in your card design. Thank you for joining us this time at ABC Christmas Challenge.
Sue...xxx

Pat K said...

Really like this card Judith. Love the image and all your dots.

We hardly saw the sun in Dec. but since the temps have dropped below freezing the days have been bright and sunny..and I'll take that over mild and grey anyday! hugs, Pat xx

Carol S. said...

Love James the bear!! He's such a cutie. Gorgeous card and love the colours. This weather reminds me of Larry Grayson, who always used the opening statment 'What a grey day!!' Hugs, Carol S.xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card Judith I love James and the design
Kevin xx

Carol said...

This is gorgeous Judith, so cute. Don't think we've seen any sun here but I'm hoping to find it next week! Carol x

brenda said...

As always a very pretty card Judith.

B x

judith@poppy cottage said...

Hi Judith, thanks for your entry into the Chocolate Baroque Challenge, fabulous embellishments, super papers, and a cute image, Judith xx

Kat W said...

I love this gorgeous big card...lots of space to show off the pretty DP layers and the super cute James bear! Those snowflake die cuts are fabulous too :-)

It's a shame the weather is so awful but I'm glad you still had a wonderful time at the wedding.

Big hugs, Kat xx

Zw@@n said...

Gorgeous card, Judith! I love that adorable image and the colours. Lovely MB die too. Thank you for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge. Luv, Wilma

Claire Grantham said...

Hey Judith, Happy New Year!! Love your card, especially how the snowflake ties in with your sentiment. Cx

Karen Dunbrook said...

Happy New Year.
Love this card...just so sweet with so many great elements to look at...well done!
hugs,
Karen

Bevmatth said...

I adore this card. Fab job. x