My lovely followers

Thursday 12 February 2015

What's on your TV!

hi all

Click HERE to enter my 'happy candy' draw

So sorry I'm a bit late with my post today - I've had a busy time these last couple of days that as kept me away from my blog (and most other things!)  My regular visitors will know that my youngest son Tom has Cerebral Palsy which causes him to have severe physical disabilities - but he's also very bright and is now in the second year of his masters degree.  I regularly support him in his studies by acting as a reader and scribe.  He's been working on his dissertation proposal this week so it's been a busy old week work-wise - and not over yet! 

None the less I've eventually escaped
to share my card for this weeks challenge at

Moving Along With The Times

Our theme is 

Square Eyes
(your favourite TV programme)

I have to say I'm a bit selective with my TV viewing
but I do like a good old murder mystery!


I like programmes like Broadchurch and Silent Witness
but also the good old Agatha Christie one like 
Miss Marple and Poirot

I think this card is more Miss Marple than Silent Witness!!

It reminded me of when first started work and used to travel there on the bus - I used to read Agatha Christie books to pass the time - I must have read dozens of them and they were really good!
I haven't read an Agatha Christie book for years now - happy days!!

I made this card with another of those fab Sheena Douglas stamp sets - they're such good quality and stamp beautifully every time.  I think this card is more masculine than feminine - but could be used for either as it has a definite vintage look - its a large 8 inch card  and looks quite good IRL.
I did think abourt adding some flowers but decided to leave it as it was to keep it simple!

This is what i did..

Stamp - Mystery Author from Sheena Douglas a little bit sketchy range
Sentiments - top of card Sheena Douglas 'I say' from a little bit sketchy range
                     bottom of card - produced in word
Ribbon - Crafty ribbons
Lace - Creative expressions
Papers - LOTV father knows best
Charm - from my stash
Pins - from my stash
Dies - Flag tail MFT
Perfect pearls and TH distress inks Tea dye, vintage linen

We'd love to see you at MAWTT to show us your favourite TV programme

Challenges I'm entering with this card

Incy wincy challenges - use punches or dies
open minded crafting - no pink no red

Hugs
Judith x



20 comments:

KT Fit Kitty said...

Sounds like you've had a busy week! Your vintage card is gorgeous! Love the image and the gorgeous bike charm! I think you made a good move to not add the flowers as it's perfect the way it is and an ideal masculine card, which I really struggle with!

pysselokaffe said...

I love the feel of your card, the colors and style. So beautiful!

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Oooh I love a good juicy murder too! Silent Witness is so good but it didn't seem to be on that long this time! Fabulous card the image works so well with the sentiments. Good luck with your scribing! Susan x

brenda said...

Great card as always Judith, have a good weekend.

Just off to add your candy to my sidebar, won't enter though.

B x

aussie aNNie said...

BEAUtiful card and gorgeous design.xx

{The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

Bad Kitty said...

very beautiful

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh Judith this is brill, I love Miss Marple although its gotta be Joan Hickson as my Marple!! Hope that you manage to get all your scribing done so you can have a lovely weekend, Love Hazel xx

Carol said...

Sounds like a busy week Judith. Love your card...great as it is for a male or the addition of some flowers would make a lovely card for a female. Carol x

Dr Sonia S V said...

How elegant and stylish it looks

Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so gorgeous Judith. Great colours and layout.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Sue B said...

Ah yes, I thought of Miss Marple or Poirot when I saw this Judith… it's a brilliant design… love those wonderful sentiments and the fab image! the papers and embellies are gorgeous… and Wow! I LOVE the penny farthing charm! :-))
I used to read Agatha Christie in my teens… absolutely loved them!
keep up the good work with the scribing… hope it goes well for you
Have a nice evening
Hugs, Sue B xx

Lorraine said...

A brilliant card Judith. Love the image and design.
Have a lovely weekend
Lorraine x

Janice said...

Defo more Miss Marple than Silent Witness Judith, don't think Miss Marple would have needed a forensic pathologist at her side, but she probably did clack away on a bulky typewriter! Love the theme you've all followed this week and your card, like the others is just perfect. Hope you've got Tom's bits and bobs up to date and I bet you are so glad you live in the computer age! Mind you, that old trusty rusty would probably have coped better with the tea than your Lappy did, lol! Have a great weekend Judith, Jx

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Brilliant card Judith....Great image and design.....Have a lovely weekend....Joosx

mixamatoasties said...

This is fab Judith! And a great TV programme too.

Have a great weekend.

Susan xx

sammi said...

Thank you so much for playing along with us in our "No Pink Or Red" challenge at Open Minded Crafting! Hope to see you playing, again, next time! ~~Sammibug~~ DT Member For Open Minded Crafting

Debs said...

Brilliant card Judith - I too love a good murder mystery - especially enjoying the current Broadchurch series.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
Debs xx

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Judith, such a brilliant design.
Pauline
x

Suze said...

Love the masculine feel to this card Judith. Thanks for joining in the die or punch challenge at Incy Wincy Designs this week.

cheryl said...

oh wow,love this hun its,a brilliant design,hun hugs Cherylxxxx