My lovely followers

Saturday 22 March 2014

Boys to men at Fab'n'Funky Challenges this week


Hi again!

So for  my third post of  in the long running saga of blogger that won't blog lol!

I'm using this as a a reminder of our challenge over at


it was of lovely Katies forst challenge for us and she chose the theme

Boys to Men

(or Boys II Men if you live in my world!)
I'm a big fan of Boys II Men - I've seen them loads of times - love their music and they have such fabulous voices and are a really great live act

Anyways back to the challenge!

I used a fab image from an artist I found only recently and I love his images

Meet That's Tragic from Dr Digi's House of Stamps
Available here


We Have two fabulous sponsors over at Fab'n'Funky this week

Stampart Design by Kathryne


and 



I think I mentioned in my post yesterday that I bought a few Spectrum Noirs - mainly because I needed to refill several of my grey and neutral copics and they were ones that I didn't have reinkers for - so I decided I would give the SN's a go as it was cheaper them than buying the reinkers - and I got some extra shades into the bargin!!  I found them very easy to blend (VERY easy!) and although I didn't have the brush nibs and I think that would probably make it even easier when it comes the colours like the greys and reds which can be notoriously difficult to work with, I'd definitely say you don't need brush nibs for every colour, its definitely a different technique to copics and with a bit of practice it would only improve.   I'm now wavering on the edge - more SN's or buy the copic refills - I suppose there's nothing wrong with a combo as I have done here, it works!
Here's what I did.....

Image - Thats Tragic - fom Dr Digis house of Stamps
Coloured with Spectrum Noir and Copics
Papers - K & Co Hopscotch boy
Star dies - Joy 
Circle die - Spellbinders
Sentiment - Whiff of Joy
Sentiment "cards" - LOTV tags 
Glitter glue - (used to doodle round edges) Martha Stewart

We're off out to the drag show for my daughters 30th birthday celebrations tonight - always such a fun night out -Miss Rory the compare is the most beautiful "woman" you ever saw. I'll let you know how it goes - when I recover lol.

Have a great weekend everyone

Hugs
Judith xx

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

Fabulous male card, Judith!! I love your design, and your colouring is great.

Hope you all have a great night with 'Miss Rory".

Hugs,
Jennifer. x

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is fabulous Judith. Have fun with Miss Rory tonight. Lol!!!

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Pat said...

Great card for the challenge this week Judith, sorry you are having so much trouble with blogger at the moment, don't think you are the only one, let's hope they get it sorted out soon. Hope you have a lovely weekend.

Pat xx

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,lovely image and details.xxx

cheryl said...

Oh hun this is one fab male card hun love that image hugs cheryl xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Brilliant card Judith, I like the fun image and the design.
Kevin xx

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Hi Judith fab male card these Dr Digi images are a real hoot! Thanks for the info about SNs although I do love my Copics. Hope you enjoy your drag show, we have Funny Girls here in Blackpool and they are gorgeous! Susan x

Whisper said...

Oooo what a super image and a great layout too, Luv Sam x